December 31st, 2011.
- I will not drink alcohol, smoke tobacco or partake of any narcotics for the duration of January 2012 (in honour of the Olympics). (Not really.) (Balls to the Olympics.)
- I will do five minutes of finger practice on the guitar every day for the duration of January 2012, then review. (I have been doing this every day for a week so it’s not like some wild, impromptu, jazz-like promise.)
- I will do 15 minutes of physical exercise every day (a delicious cocktail of press-ups and skipping) for the duration of January 2012, then review. (This is a wild, impromptu, jazz-like promise.)
- I will not shave between now and March 21st, the Spring Equinox.
- On March 21st, I will shave my face and cut off all of my hair. I will be like the one who plays tennis in The Royal Tenenbaums, but with a much weaker chin.
- I will finish Stage One of the refurbishment of The Stretch by May 31st 2012.
- I will have a party on May 31st 2012.
- I will find purpose, direction and contentment. Although maybe not this year.
That’s it. Oh, and get some books published and pay off some debts. Piece of cake
My year. May it be yours too.
Happy new year.